Monday, June 11, 2007

the mess

i'm sitting at my desk, in my classroom, under what seems like several hundred stacks of papers. looking at the clock i realize that my students escaped from this room over four hours ago and yet here i still sit. i've been in the building for over twelve hours thus far - cheerleading practice beckoned my 7:15am arrival and report cards have stalled my departure.
to say i've accomplished nothing today is an incredible understatement. i have coached cheerleading (they worked on their show trophy sequence to rotating split double base and their libs and hitched lib pyramids) taught p.e. (guided children as they ran up a mountain in the rain), math (3 blocks of algebra), and french (Le tigre.... comment est-il? Est-il vert ou orange et noir?) and observed a music class where my students performed their "pieces" (a la 'stomp' - banging on regular household items). I've also attempted to tackle to seemingly endless barrage of marks that i've collected and am still collecting from my students. all that being said, i now sit here having entered all 7 blocks of my marks (with work habits and behavior habits marks for each block).

all that on only an apple, a starbucks coffee, and a few bites of horvath's chicken souvlaki - not too shabby (albeit i'm beginning to fade and the 14 sets of report card comments that i have left to write are becoming more daunting an adventure with each passing minute).

oh me, oh my.

as you can see, instead of finishing up those comments and heading back to my port coquitlam hovel, i've decided to reunite myself with my blog and spend a few good minutes procrastinating. after such a long day, it's kind of nice. to say that i will not accomplish anything significant in the next thirty minutes is sadly not an understatement.

alas, i will return to my stacks in order to speed my arrival at my hovel. afterall, middle schools are eerily creepy at 7:45pm, and i don't want to remain here past the departure of the custodial staff.

No comments: