Tuesday, March 11, 2008

that kinda bride

so i went to my church's website to look for the podcast from the sunday night service, and when i open up the page, i'm greeted by the loveliest of all photographs (see left). uhhhh.... i don't know about you, but if i was someone looking for a church and that's the photo that came up on their main page, i might be more than a little concerned. not that there's anything wrong with looking like a bride straight out of the 1908s, but... okay, no, there is something wrong with that. i'm just thankful that my own wedding dress doesn't even vaguely resemble this one - aside from the colour, that is. however, the wing-ed hair piece reminds of one of those little dinosaurs that ends up hissing and killing 'Newman' in the original Jurassic Park and i guess that's kinda cool.

so that's my two cents for this afternoon. at least this bride had her wedding all put together by the time this photo was taken. me, i'm no where near the end of the craziness. one of these days i'm going to have to start making some more decisions and have an idea of the overall look of my reception... one of these days...

1 comment:

Kiki said...

K, I don't know WHERE you picked up that photo, because I am scouring the site to find it and cannot. Link please.
Also, let's note the over-abundance of ALPHA-esq models who do not attend our church that are smattered all over the darn thing. Seriously- i look at this website and see NOTHING other than that little shot of the front of the building that visually reminds me of my faith community there nor a single experience related to it.

Hmm, should I bring this up to someone?