Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The "Stick It" After Party


Ladies and gents, here we are at the after-party for the premiere of Stick It. Okay, so maybe it wasn't the official premiere, but it certainly was the premiere for our youth group. After driving big old reliable Bruce (the Lawrie's lovely 'burb) out to the Strawberry Hill theatre in Surrey, and circling round and round the parking lot, we eventually managed to emerge from the beast and find our way into the theatre. We filled three rows and thoroughly enjoyed making fun of the movie. Have you seen it? It's absolutely ridiculous! How fitting to see a gymnastics movie in the middle of an entire weekend of gymnastics (Rach and I were helping out with the Delta Invitational).



Here are a few key lines from the movie:

Joanne
: [Burt is about to do a dismount on the trampoline] This is a bad idea. You're going to give yourself a cardiovasectomy. You're going to give me a cardiovasectomy! Think about your wenis!

[on fake phones]
Haley Graham: Can you tell Joanne I'm going to do a real dismount
Mina Hoyt: to Joanne. Joanne, Haley's on the phone and she says she's going to do a real dismount
Joanne: Get off the phone!

Joanne: What do they have that we don't?
Haley Graham: Boobs

Joanne: Call me.
Poot: Stalk you.

So back to the after-party. Where better to celebrate than good ol' Timmy Hortons. My aversion to Tim Horton's coffee (hey, it's not fair trade) caused me to stop by Starbucks on my way to chill with everyone else, but I was successful in procurring some caffeine. Here are a few pics of our time at Timmy Ho's.


Jenn & Morg - Starbucks vs. Tim Hortons


Sugar makes them smile!

How much donut can I fit in my mouth at one time? Nina tries to figure that out

I took some advice from Poot (the guy in the movie) and decided to start stalking people. Here's Julia hiding in the bushes.


I see you Cammy


Cotts is loving the milk and hating the fact that he woke up to watch this movie with us

How hot do we look when our tongues hang out?

No comments: