Friday, March 31, 2006

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

Okay, so maybe there were no Cliffs of Insanity to scale or Rodents of Unusual Size to battle. There was no Pit of Despair, and there was nothing that resembled True love or love of any kind. In spite of all this, I do feel a little like Inigo Montoya. Tonight someone hurt one of my kids, and so they better be prepared to die.

Okay, fine, death probably isnt the best option. Maming is probably not another great option either. Paper-cutting maybe? I could give him a big paper cut - that might be poetic.

In all seriousness, do you know how much it hurts when I see one of my kids hurting? I thought my heart was going to explode. I had to try so hard not to burst into tears. I realized tonight how much I really do love my kids - all of them. Yeah, I may be a little over protective, but isn't that how it's supposed to be? They're my kids, and I love that I can be there for them. It's just so hard when there's nothing that I can do. It's so hard watching them hurt.

Do you see how I can feel a little like Inigo Montoya? (please tell me that you have watched the Princess Bride before) He wanted revenge from the six-fingered man who killed his father. I'm not asking for revenge (aside from the paper cut) but I am lamenting that one of my kids got hurt and how much of that hurt I feel.

I think I would have prefered scaling one of the Cliffs of Insanity.

No comments: