Sunday, April 16, 2006

and Easter continues...

Can I tell you how much I've enjoyed this Easter? It's been ridiculously busy, but I've had so much fun! Maybe it's the hours of dancing, or the mediterranean make-up, or the sketchy soup (do NOT try the chicken noodle - yes Cotter, that means you too). Whatever it is, I can't smile much more than I have this week.
Thanks to all my kids who conquered both the Jewish wedding dance and Hava Nagila. You were incredible, and all three crowds loved you. I have a feeling that I'm going to keep getting compliments on your dancing for the rest of the month, if not the rest of the year. I really do appreciate the time you took to learn and rehearse both dances and I'm sorry if it interfered with the hours of homework you accumulate each week. Please know that it was definitely worth the sacrifice that you had to make - You were spectacular!

Aside from being pulled aside and told how evident my "passion for dancing" is (though i do adore dancing - everyone knows that), one of my favourite moments during the course of the production occured when I was pulled aside Friday night. It was then that I was told by one woman that she was praying that I would marry her nephew! Little did I know, I am her favourite contender and I "would fit into the family incredibly well". Next time I'm going to tone down the dancing - Maybe then I won't end up with offers of marriage.

More photos:


Colin - what a beautiful bridegroom!


Cam & Jenn - ready to dance (I feel like this is a super hero pose - "To the rescue!")


Jesus feeds the 5000 - with styrofoam fish

Karen and her ankle - oh deary


The choir - their voices make me melt

Brian and the mandolin - I didn't ask why


Lisa & Janiners - so gorgeous!


Could I be a little more over the top? Yes, yes, I probably could.

Three brave men - Cammy, Cotter, B Dodds

1 comment:

jenn said...

I figure i'd make more money if i married Rachel Li - if i get $50 and a medium slurpee for a kiss, what do i get for a marriage proposal??